A Study of World Religions – Jan 27 thru Dec 28, 2016
World Religions – in the manner of Friends
Our premise is simple. In our time, when other ethnicities and religions are maligned and feared, and a better understanding of unfamiliar religious traditions will help. During 2016, we will too study one faith tradition a month by supporting each other in reading and sharing our experience and understanding of eight world religions.
Where and when will World Religions meet?
Multnomah Friends Meetinghouse: 4312 SE Stark Street, Portland, 7pm to 9pm in the Worship Hall
- Wednesday Jan 27, 2016 – Hinduism
- Wednesday Feb 24, 2016 – Buddhism
- Wednesday Mar 23, 2016 – Confucianism
- Wednesday Apr 27, 2016 – Taoism
- Wednesday Sep 28, 2016 – Islam
- Wednesday Oct 27, 2016 – Judaism
- Wednesday Nov 23, 2016 – Christianity
- Wednesday Dec 28, 2016 – Primal Religions
How will World Religions be structured?
Our study is guided by Houston Smith’s World’s Religions. At the Wednesday night meeting, we enter into worship sharing on month’s religion for an hour, followed by group movement and a finger food potluck. All are encouraged to attend and their is no fee for participation.